Sunday, December 3, 2017

Pineapples and snowmen

I have not posted in a while, but I have been busy.  The last project I created is a 4 inch Pineapple block quilt.  It is 18 by 18.  I had a Batik jelly role that had been opened and about 2 inches cut off of each strip.  I cut 3 inches more  off and then cut the strips in half to 1.25.   The Yellow background was given to me by a friend for a different project.








I had just enough yellow to make  16 blocks and have a border!  I used the Creative Grids Pineapple mini trim tool. 

The next project is for a group Christmas party.  I created these in my Embroidery software and hoop!  They are about 5 inch coasters.





This is the original test stitch out.  I changed it four times before I stitched the next one. Most of the changes were just to make the stitch out flow better.




6 comments:

  1. I like your pineapple quilt! The jewel tones look really good in it. I've heard good things about the Creative Grids pineapple rulers but haven't tried them myself. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never was interested in the Pineapple blocks, but the ruler made it so easy, I may make another!

      Delete
  2. Wow...that's just gorgeous. I haven't tried the pineapple rulers, but Creative Grids have become my new favorite rulers, and I have them in all different sizes. Nice work. Love all that color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THe Creative Grid ruler made the Pineapple block so easy.

      Delete