Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas projects

I helped a friend make Christmas ornaments for her church craft fair.    We were using Christmas ribbon and fabric.  I scanned in the ribbon and fabric and using BERNINA Embroidery Software, Artista, I digitized applique shapes to fit the ribbon or fabric.  I used organza on the back to gave them more shine.  I should have used a water soluble stabilizer so they would have been translucent. .  Since I have a Bernina 830, I can make 8 to 10 in my jumbo hoop.  Some of these came out nice and others did not work as well.


 Snow scape trees


Holly leaves

All of these were 2.5 inch wide ribbon.



The last two were fabric that I fussy cut.  I used an organza that has blue, white and silver snowflakes for the backs of these.

 This is an Advent calender with sock monkeys.  Not sure why this one did not come out bigger.

The pockets have numbers made by sock monkeys in poses.  The Santa monkey is moved from pocket to pocket to count down to Christmas

This is the back.  I bought this cute kit at a shop hop 'Shop Across Texas'  I thought my 6 year old grandson would love it.  His 6th birthday is Thanksgiving weekend, as is his sister and one of his cousins!

This is the December quilt for the hanger in the last post.  I have to put the lights and tinsel on it. 

My husband and his work mates all had nicknames for each other.  They all were some kind of a$$.  When I found this tee shirt I had to get it for him and then I added his name on the back.

These were a little blurry, but you get the idea!

Foundation work is complete!  Yeah!  Plumbing is not.  We have not had any rain all year until now! At least we can start moving things back where they belong. As soon as I am able.  I started passing a kidney stone Tuesday evening and was admitted to the Hospital on Wednesday.  Friday they went and zapped the 9mm stone because it was to big to pass.  Now I am in pain again today as the bits and pieced start to pass. 

Sorry for the long post, but I have been out of commission for a week and still trying to get my feet back under me.

Kirby discovered he could open the bottom of the china cabinet.  The ironing board usually sits in front of it.  I hope this readable, the pain meds are kicking in!

Friday, November 4, 2011

More small projects

With the foundation work still on going, I am still just working on small projects.  This was suppose to be a two week project.  They started on a Wednesday and worked three days.  They were to be back the following Wednesday, but it rained, so they postponed till the following Monday.  That was a whole week skipped! Arrived on Monday  and worked two days.  Now waiting on the plumber to do his part.  That is Monday, next week.  Then the foundation guys come back for at least one more day.  Then the Electric Company has to come bury the cable to the house! Hopefully, next week, then we can  move things out of the storage POD on the driveway and start putting things up.  We have to wait 3 to 6 months to repair, paint, replace floors.... At least all but one door closes properly, you do not feel like you are falling down hill in the front part of the house and the cracks are mostly closed.  The last process is to 'mud jack' under the foundation.  So far, all the holes are outside, but we suspect there will be a couple inside.  Thankfully they are only 2 inches across.

Now here is what you are here to see!

These are a block of the month from PatchAbilities     They are 12inches by 14 inches.  I ordered them from a shop in Houston, TX. called  It's A Stitch

I signed up for the full year and paid in advance in order to get the stand free.  Each month you get the pattern and fabric kit plus the topper for the stand.   I just finished Novembers on Sunday and alas, Decembers came in the mail today.  I just thought I was caught up!

Last year I did a series from the same companies but they were 6incy by 22 inch and had a hanger.  They fit nicely in the narrow windows by my front door!