Friday, November 4, 2011

More small projects

With the foundation work still on going, I am still just working on small projects.  This was suppose to be a two week project.  They started on a Wednesday and worked three days.  They were to be back the following Wednesday, but it rained, so they postponed till the following Monday.  That was a whole week skipped! Arrived on Monday  and worked two days.  Now waiting on the plumber to do his part.  That is Monday, next week.  Then the foundation guys come back for at least one more day.  Then the Electric Company has to come bury the cable to the house! Hopefully, next week, then we can  move things out of the storage POD on the driveway and start putting things up.  We have to wait 3 to 6 months to repair, paint, replace floors.... At least all but one door closes properly, you do not feel like you are falling down hill in the front part of the house and the cracks are mostly closed.  The last process is to 'mud jack' under the foundation.  So far, all the holes are outside, but we suspect there will be a couple inside.  Thankfully they are only 2 inches across.

Now here is what you are here to see!



These are a block of the month from PatchAbilities     They are 12inches by 14 inches.  I ordered them from a shop in Houston, TX. called  It's A Stitch

I signed up for the full year and paid in advance in order to get the stand free.  Each month you get the pattern and fabric kit plus the topper for the stand.   I just finished Novembers on Sunday and alas, Decembers came in the mail today.  I just thought I was caught up!

Last year I did a series from the same companies but they were 6incy by 22 inch and had a hanger.  They fit nicely in the narrow windows by my front door!

3 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Did you get a different stand for each month? Sorry the foundation work is taking so long. Doesn't that always seem to be the case? Hopefully it will all be a distant memory soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I went back into Angel and Kirby's archives since I found your Quilting blog now!

    I love this block in a stand idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, I don't really keep up with the cat blogs any more. I just read that you lost Mac... I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete