Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Quarters for Baby part 2

Kirby showing off the stacks of 4 inch squares cut from the fat quarters.

Laying it out on my standing Design Wall..

Stitching rows together and numbering them.

Ready for borders.


It will not fit on the design wall with the borders.  Angel and Kirby both love this one. I can not keep them off it!



Complete!


I used Warm and White for the batting and YLI Variations in jewel tones for the stitching.  I did a feather stitch on every other row and it came out in 7 inch squares.  I carried the feather stitching into the border. 

I used a blanket stitch and the jewel tone thread to put the binding down.  It took me an hour and a half even on the machine! 


The stitching on the back. 

And this it the finished quilt on the bed where it will live!  And Kirby, again


3 comments:

  1. We must say again, this quilt is gorgeous! And what work went into making it!
    -JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ♥♥♥ Batiks! And you've done such a great job on this! I miss quilting, so I'll just follow yours, OK? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so warm and snuggly I can see why the cats won't stay off of it! From beginning to end, you finished this quickly.

    ReplyDelete