Sunday, October 30, 2016

Day four of quilt camp


Today we learned about Free Standing Lace - FLS
My Daughter-in-laws Brother embroidery machine makes very nice stitches.  She slowed it down because we were using silver metallic thread. FLS is stitched on wash away stabilized without any fabric. 




The second eldest grandson was not interested in making a mug rug.  He wanted to etch 4 glasses to replace one he broke.  Using my Cameo Silhouette  and it's software, we created the design and vinyl template.  With his Dad's help. the etchings turned out great!





I put blue fabric in one ant the other is on a red mat.  That was the only way I could get good photos.


My DIL was knitting cardinals for the Christmas tree.  I lost count of hoe many she had completed, but these two are mine.  The left one is smaller that the right and it is smaller than the original  pattern





While all of the grandkids and daughter-in-law were doing their projects , I made her a christmas Fole and stitch wreath.   She chose Christmas colors for hers. That is one of my birds clipped to it. 




I also made the petal shaped wreath.



The Grandsons had ask if there was any way I could make hot mats for the serving bowls. 

I started out with 2 ten inch squares of fabric and insul-bright.  That just fir their soup bowls.



So I made one for each member of the family in their preferred color or novelty print. 


 Then I expanded the suqares.  I made a 12 inch, 14 inch and 2 16 inch bowl mats. 




12 inch using two different red fabrics



 14 inch  using two different blues







 the last two are made from 16 inch squares


(authors note: these four days were spread over two weeks and most of out projects were Embroidery instead of quilting)

I had  a very nice visit with my son and his family.   A couple of nights we played games, Farkle and LRC (left right center).  I was amazed in how fast those two weeks flew by.

1 comment:

  1. You have been very busy, love all the things you make, sure wish I had learned to do things like that, my sister can but I can't make anything. have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete